Saturday, February 7, 2009

Socks on Circs...

Yea... What a tangled fuckin' mess that was! In the time I spent casting on and trying to manipulate my way through the first round of the cuff.. I could have been done with the cuff of the first sock on DPNs... Thanks, but no thanks... All the power to those of you that have mastered this technique. I just couldn't manage the really long cable(a 40" Addi Turbo, US size 2) and two skeins of sock yarn(Patons Kroy Socks), it felt like I was trying to knit a bird's nest or something... I relaxed the cable in hot water so it I wasn't fighting and curls from the packaging. I used two balls of yarn so I wouldn't have to worry about unwinding, although one ball did "throw up" quite a bit when I pulled out the beginning end. I give... DPNs for me!

PS Here are a few pictures of what I've been craftin' for ya...

Resting...
Both quilts - finished and being loved!

Finished!
My first BSJ! Yay me!

Sock Blockers! Day 30
Socks for my mom... she asked me to teach her how to make some...

Recently acquired goodness
Recently acquired goodness!

=) Craft on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Were you trying to do 2 socks on 2 circs? Or Magic Loop?

I cannot manage the dpns - but love my circs to pieces. (I swore I'd never do socks 'cause of the dpns...but now on circs, I love 'em.)

If I ever dry out from the water gun squirts while I was in your alley, I might be able to teach you how! :P