Yea... What a tangled fuckin' mess that was! In the time I spent casting on and trying to manipulate my way through the first round of the cuff.. I could have been done with the cuff of the first sock on DPNs... Thanks, but no thanks... All the power to those of you that have mastered this technique. I just couldn't manage the really long cable(a 40" Addi Turbo, US size 2) and two skeins of sock yarn(Patons Kroy Socks), it felt like I was trying to knit a bird's nest or something... I relaxed the cable in hot water so it I wasn't fighting and curls from the packaging. I used two balls of yarn so I wouldn't have to worry about unwinding, although one ball did "throw up" quite a bit when I pulled out the beginning end. I give... DPNs for me!
PS Here are a few pictures of what I've been craftin' for ya...
Both quilts - finished and being loved!
My first BSJ! Yay me!
Socks for my mom... she asked me to teach her how to make some...
Recently acquired goodness!
=) Craft on!