Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another Pattern...

I had another pattern request! Woot! This one was for the purple shawl I made. There is a picture of it in my blog header, and a few posts down; Hookin' Up A Storm. It's a quick and easy pattern, nothing fancy but so warm! Great for sitting on the couch and reading or watching tv.

The Hookin' Up A Storm Shawl...

Ch a multiple of 2 + 4. Turn.
R1. Dc, ch 1, dc in 5th ch. *Skip next ch. Dc, ch1, Dc(v-stitch)* Repeat from * to * across to the last 2ch. Dc in last ch. Turn.
R2. Ch3(counts as first dc). 3dc(fan stitch) in each ch1 sp in v-stitch across. Dc in last dc(actually ch3, so dc in the top ch...). Turn.
R3. Ch3(counts as first dc). V-stitch in the 2nd stitch of each fan stitch across. Dc in last dc(same as above). Turn.
Repeat R2 and R3 alternately until it's as big as you'd like. I used four skeins of Lion Brand Homespun Yarn and a N-9.00mm hook.

If something is unclear, which it very well could be as I'm still new at pattern writing, please leave me a comment and I'll do my best to fix it! And I'd love to see pictures of your finished goodies, so again... feel free to leave me a link! =D

No comments: