Sunday, September 14, 2008

Frogged...

Yep, I frogged my Mariah... all that hard work (as seen my last post). Ok truthfully... I haven't acutally pulled it all out yet. I took it off the needles and it's currently sitting on an end table in my living room like a wounded animal. I will pull it all out... eventually. It was taking too long and required way too much attention. Yes, I'm calling Mariah needy and high maintainance. *snicker* I really need projects that I can knit while not really paying full attention to them. Two kids, a hubby, and I often knit at work. I know, I'm the luckiest girl on earth! I'm a preschool teacher and while we're all out in the yard playing or taking a walk or during nap time while I sit with the kids as they fall asleep... I'll knit. All my kids, and their families, know that I am rarely without yarn. I've even been lucky enough to recieve gift certificates to the LYS for my birthday and holidays. Anyway... got off track there for a bit... I need to be able to multitask when I knit. So out with Mariah and in with The Olive Branch Yoga Hoodie... and no I don't do yoga (but I think I would like to if I had the time). I'm loving this pattern! Easy to knit, works up quick, and the yarn I chose is soooo soft and squishy... I can't wait for it to be done! Here's a progress shot...

Progress...

I know it's not very sweater like right now... this is just the hood and the beginning of the raglan increases... but it'll be good! I can't wait!!!

In other crafty news... I'm still working on my daughter's fall/winter wardrobe, only now I'm doing recons. Who says you can't put your little girl in her older brother's clothes...

To this! To this!

And not an ounce of cuteness sacrificed! Cargo skirt from cargo pants...

From this...

I also hemmed a pair of his jeans (more like hacked a few inches off and then hemmed them) for her and I've got another two pairs plus a pair of courds that I'll be making something good out of.. maybe one of these?

As for my quilts... I haven't yet received all the squares back for my Little's quilts, and I still have four more squares to make. And I'm working up the nerve to attempt putting the the whole quilt together from the first round... remember this?

All twelve together!!!

I'll do this one first so I can work out any kinks I come across before tackling the ones for my kids... but I should get a move on... these are Christmas gifts!

Craft on All!


1 comment:

Izabela said...

oh dear you doing so good, how do you find time for all of this? :)

your daughter is looking great, this is superb idea!

x