Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sewing too!

I spent the better part of the morning sewing for my Mumma...

Now you know... ~ 365 Days, Day 36

That's her on the left. A purse and a project bag:

Not bad for a days work huh?!?!

Not bad huh? I didn't use any patterns, just my own sketches and thoughts...

The purse has seven pockets; one on the front flap, four on the outside, and two inside. It's fully lined and I used interfacing for added stability. The outside is an outdoor upholstery fabric(think lounge chair cushions) and the liner is cotton.

New Purse for Mumma New Purse for Mumma

New Purse for Mumma

The project tote is all cotton, made from a fat quarter pack. It's big enough to hold a large skein of sock yarn, needles, pattern or small pattern book, and a small pair of scissors. It's reversible and has a long skinny strap that can be worn over your shoulder, across your body, or knotted and hung off the wrist.

Project Bag for my Mum Project Bag for my Mum

Yay for my sewing machine! It's nice to get away from the yarn for a few hours... =D

No comments: