Friday, April 11, 2008

Yay for swaps!

I wouldn't say I've been on a swapping hiatus... but I definitely slowed down... When Hubby lost his job back in January monies got a bit tight... No monies = no craft supplies = no swaps... But now Hubby has a new job (nothing fabulous, but it'll help pay the bills) and I can do a swap or two here and there. So I jumped right in; Lap Quilts For All II! Yay for Craftster! How it works: there are 12 people per group (this particular swap has two groups). Each person sends the 11 others in her group several pieces of fabric, totaling 3/8 yard. We take each packet of fabric, sew a 12.5 x 12.5 quilt square, and then return the square and any fabric scraps to the sender. So, when all is said and done I will have a fantastic quilt, made by myself and 11 of my craftster pals! Woot! Wanna see the fabric I got for it???

Fabrics for Lap Quilt Swap

Each pile is two fat quarters. I'm thinking I'll cut each fat quarter in half and then send each swap partner 3 different pieces... I intend for the finished quilt to go on the back of my couch... We'll see!

Craft On All!

No comments: