Monday, July 12, 2010

Water Bottle Cozy

I recently had a pattern request via my flickr account for this:

Crochet Water Bottle Cozy with Belt

I made the bottle cozy out of 100% cotton(absorbent!). The design is my own, single crochets with rows of criss crossing treble crochets. Easy peasy! I also put a belt loop on it and made a belt to go with it(pattern from the snb happy hooker!).

So I posted directions in the comments section, and figured I could post them here too.  It's been a while since I crocheted anything... sorry if the directions aren't clear.

Wow... I made this eons ago.
Start a Magic Adjustable Ring (google it).
Join w/ a SS at the end of each round. Begin each round with Ch1 unless otherwise noted.
Increase: 2SC in each SC the first round; 2SC in first SC, SC in next SC for next round; 2SC in first SC, SC in next 2 SC for the following round... repeat this until the circle is slightly larger than the bottom of your bottle, ending with a multiple of 3 stitches (30, 33, 36, ect).
Next Round: SC in each SC. Repeat that round four more times.
Next are the TC criss-crosses. To start the round Ch4. *Skip next SC, TC in the following SC, then go back and TC in the skipped SC. Repeat from * around.
Next three rounds: SC in each stitch.
Repeat the TC criss cross round once and then the SC round three times.
Next round: Ch4 (counts as first TC), 2TC in 1st SC. *Skip next 2 SC, 3TC in next SC. Repeat from * around.
Next 3 rounds: SC in each stitch.
Repeat the TC criss cross round once and then the SC round three times.
Repeat the TC criss cross round once and then the SC round three times again.
Belt Loop (if desired) is just made up of chain stitches and then one more round of SC to finish it off.
Feel free to message me if any of this isn't clear.
=)

Enjoy!

No comments: