Monday, May 26, 2008

Before I forget...

I went looking for a toddler sock pattern that I liked and could understand... didn't find much. So I decided to have a go at it myself... Here's what I've come up with so far for the first sock:

I've used tofutsies and size 1 needles.
CO 50 using the long tail method.
k 3 rounds.
k3, p2 ribbing around for 3".
Place 25 sts on one needle. The remaining 25 sts will be the heel, on two needles.
k1, ssk, k across until last 3 sts, k2tog, k1.
Turn and p across.
Repeat the last two rows until there are only 5 sts left... do not purl the last 5 sts.
Pick up and k 18 sts along side of heel. Work ribbing pattern across the front. Pick up and k 18 sts.
There are now four needles going; A has 5 from heel, B has 18 picked up sts, C has 25 rib pattern sts, and D has 18 picked up sts.
k across A, k across B until the last 2 sts, k2tog, follow rib pattern across C, ssk and then k across D.
k around all needles.
Repeat last two rounds until there are 10 sts left on needles B & D, leaving 50 sts total. Reshuffle sts to eliminate needle A, leaving three needles.
Continue to work rib pattern and knit around until sock is approx 3".
Reshuffle sts as follows: Front of the sock: 12 sts on A and 13 sts on B; Back of the sock: 12 sts on C and 13 sts on D.
k around ending with needle D.
On A: k1 ssk, k across; on B: k across to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1; on C: k1, ssk, k across; on D: k across to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1.
Repeat last two rows until there are 14 sts left. Either sew or graft closed.
Make another sock!

Now I haven't finished the first sock yet, I've only gotten to the end of the decreases after the heel. If you feel so inclined to take a stab at this please feel free, and let me know how they turn out!!!! I've never written a knitting pattern before, or done much fly by the seat of my pants knitting... I'd like to know how I'm doing.

Knit on all!

No comments: