Saturday, January 19, 2008

I am such a lame Craft Blogger...

But I suppose that means I'm spending my time crafting? At any rate.. I have been busy. I've learned to knit! Yay! All I hear from knitters is that it is sooo much easier than crochet. HA! Those two little sticks are just plain stubborn. And if you drop or mess up a stitch, forget it! But I knit on with the hopes of becoming a bit of a pro... It doesn't help that knitting works up soooooo sloooooow...

I'm very excited to post this next series of pictures... my fourth Messenger Bag!

Messenger Bag, front
The Front - I left the front flap blank on purpose... my swap partner is a bit of an embroidery goddess and I figured she may want to stitch something on it...

Messenger Bag, front opened
The Front Open - I just love this fabric... I wasn't sure how the brown would look against the skull fabric, but I didn't want to use black. Glad I took the chance! You can see one of the side pockets(there's one on each side for her cell, iPod, whatever...) and on the back there's another pocket identical to this large front one...

Messenger Bag, inside pockets
Here's an inside shot. There are two compartments, each with a large pocket. Lots of room for organization!

The strap(not pictured) is really long, I figure if she would like it shorter she can either knot it or alter it... I looked everywhere for the findings to make an adjustable strap, but no luck. I still love how it turned out! I hope my partner does too!

I have also been crocheting up a storm, as usual. I made a second Crochet Jacket for the daughter of one of the receptionists at my doctor's office.

Sweater... front
This one's a size bigger than the one I made for my own daughter. I think I did a better job with this one, the hood isn't ridiculously huge...

I also finished the red Serephina's Shawl and am now working on a white one for a co-worker. She liked the end result so much she asked me to make her one. I, of course, could never turn down an opportunity to crochet!

Busy, busy, busy as usual here in The Land of Melinda...

Craft on All!

No comments: